Monday, September 13, 2010

Ennead

Surrounded by these images,
Encased in frames of gilt,
Doggedly I cling to the vestige,
Of a feeling I know was real
—
And I know you must wonder... h
ow
one can manage,
To tightly clasp the feeling of one he's yet to hold;
But if you know yourself like I hope to
—this, my
everyday wish
—
You would see the beauty... that's captivated my soul.

Like the diving-petrel,
Whose feet gently skims the water's surface,
It seems I
, too,
was under an inenarrable spell,
That, from you, kept me at a dram of a distance;
Truly the situation was quite tristful
—
However, we're all casualties of circumstance;
All we
—I can do... is remain hopeful,
Of missed opportunities' recrudescence.

Now, seemingly, one has arisen,
For we're talking once more;
Yet needed is more concrete reasoning,
En lieu of the logic that's misled me before
—
Last time I made the grave miscalculation,
That landed soaring hopes just short of the sepulchre
—
But welled up, again, has the emotion...
I believed to be driven to "Night's Plutonian Shore".

Worlds apart, still,
Upon barren ground I traipse,
At night I clasp my hands and kneel,
Praying your love would, someday, my world, saturate
—
You're so very beautiful,
My lips quiver, the hair on my body
—even
vibrissae,
Stand erect like porcupine quills,
And I'm relegated to putty in your wake
—
While the effect you've had on me is mystical,
My words, however, have failed to captivate...

All throughout history, words have...
Led to the rise and fall of regimes;
A "momentous decree" freed the slaves,
While another sent the Berlin Wall tumbling;
Those of Churchill portrayed him as incisive,
Even as bombs sent ripples
throughout t
he Thames
—
But mine have proven themselves ineffective,
For I continue to
struggle
with the crucible of my time.

However, it's not so much the words said,
As it is the person that says them
—

Mine could garner top prize in an eisteddfod
—

Pero quiero ganar tu corazón,
and all
the love that flows therefrom;
They say that... a man is considered stolid,
If he repeats an action, each time expecting a different outcome;
For me, disappointment has come to be expected
—
I can't reach you through any other medium...

I wonder whether I've given all I've got
—
At times, even, I question my own faith,
Until I recall, armed with only a slingshot,
How David slayed the mighty Goliath
—
We've been endued with incredible power
To move mountains and reach summits,
For the Spirit lives in our every breath;
In light thereof, I realize I can run the gamut,
From mountaintop... to oceanic depths.

Take it back to the start...
With the girl I hope to better know,
As we stroll through tawny park,
Whilst fallen leaves scatter to and fro;
Share with me secrets as doth the wind imparts,
As it snakes through bare-naked boughs
—
I want us to establish, first, a good rapport...
Y tal vez alg
ú
n día... yo pueda ser tu novio.

As time passes relentlessly...
Carrying forth, even, the idle,
Still the fire burns within me,
Teeming with ire healthful
—
And I know... it remains a mystery,
How one clasps the feeling of she he's yet to hold;
But if you know yourself like I hope
—pray... to daily,
You'd realize the beauty... that's captivated my soul.


- Kevin B. Waring

No comments:

Post a Comment